Holy Trinity, Arrow, is at the far end of the
lane on the eastern side of the hamlet, which is just outside Alcester.
The church dates to around 1400, although a great deal of renovation
and rebuilding was undertaken by the Victorians. Nearby Ragley Hall
must have dominated this parish. Ragley is now the home of Henry Jocelyn
Seymour, marquess of Hertford, whose family have been in possession of
the manor for nearly three hundred years.
There is not much data available on the church
itself, but it does contain some beautiful stained glass windows and
a number of memorials to the Seymour family who served in several
wars and were amongst the governing elite in the nineteenth century.
Over the lych gate which forms the entrance to the churchyard is
carved 'Believe in the Resurrection', while on the inside door of
the tower are carved the words 'Sanctus, Sanctus, Sanctus'.
All photos on this page contributed by Aidan