History Files History Files
 
 

 

Modern Britain

Gallery: Churches of Warwickshire

by Peter Kessler, 31 October 2019

Nuneaton & Bedworth Part 1: Churches of Bedworth & Nuneaton

Bedworth Salvation Army Corps Hall, Warwickshire

Bedworth Salvation Army Corps Hall occupies a small retail premises on the western side of Leicester Street, about fifty metres north of Mill Street and flanked to the north by the vast bulk of a Tesco superstore and car park. In 2015 the Army extended its lease on this property for a further ten years, until 2025. According to media reports, it had been in the town since 1993, initially operating a youth centre, but soon expanding to run a café, and a book and charity shop.

Nuneaton Salvation Army Hall, Warwickshire

Nuneaton Salvation Army Hall stands at the southern end of Victoria Street and Dugdale Street, overlooking the junction between the two. Despite bearing the air of council terraces, this hall provides the normal Sunday morning worship duties along with a Sunday School. According to the scant evidence available, the Salvation Army in 2018 celebrated 130 years of work in Nuneaton, making the year of their arrival 1888, although certainly not in the present building.

All photos on this page kindly contributed by Rob Kinnon-Brettle.

 

 

     
Images and text copyright © all contributors mentioned on this page. An original feature for the History Files.