St Stephen Wesleyan Methodist Chapel is on
the western side of Fore Street in St Stephen-in-Brannel, opposite
the northern end of the cemetery. It was constructed in 1870
according to its datestone and was refitted in the 1890s. A Sunday
School was added in a small extension at the back which still
exists. The church closed in August 2010, with documents and
baptismal records ending at the same time. Plans were made to put it
up for sale.
Trethosa Bible Christian Chapel on the
eastern side of Trethosa Farm, around 180 metres from the 'Trethosa
Turn' bus stop on the northbound Trevisco road from St Stephen.
Early 1800s Methodist activities were at the farm itself. The chapel
was built in 1876, with a Sunday School attached. Jack Clemo, the
deaf blind Cornish poet, was christened and married here. The Chapel
organ was still playable in 2013 but the chapel closed in the same
year and is now a horse stud.
Treviscoe Wesleyan Methodist Chapel lies
on the northern side of Treviscoe High Street, a short way west of
the St Dennis branch railway. An early building here was small, set
at the rear of the site and shown on the OS 25-inch map of
1892-1914. The present chapel was built 1911 by Sampson Hill of
Redruth who produced a very unusual design for an area that is
dominated by granite. The church was still active in 2017 but its
last service was given in August 2018.
Hendra Road Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, St
Dennis, sits back from the western side of Hendra Road, just ninety
metres south of the Hendra Prazey junction on the south-western edge
of the town. This was its second Wesleyan chapel, built in 1904
(possibly on a pre-existing site). It is a simple one-cell rendered
building with segmental arched windows and a flat roofed porch.
Planning was granted in 2013 for conversion into a private residence
and the chapel was sold in 2016.
St Denis Whitepit Wesleyan Methodist Chapel
is on the eastern side of Fore Street, angled towards the Robartees
Road junction. The junction's creation swept away any signs of the
former St Denis Reading Room. The chapel was built in 1837,
later becoming a United Free Methodist Church. Between 1907-32
it was a United Methodist Church and then, in 1932, St Dennis
Providence Methodist Church. It closed in 1969 and is now (2019)
a holiday home.
Carne Hill Bible Christian Chapel stood on
the east side of Carne Hill and the eastern side of St Dennis, about
120 metres north-west of the Hall Road junction. It was built in 1872,
later becoming Carne Hill Methodist Chapel (probably in 1932).
Serious dry-rot problems emerged in 2016, with access being prevented
before the chapel was confirmed closed in the same year. It was
demolished in 2017-2018. St Dennis (New) Church replaced it in 2019