Carthew Bible Christian Chapel (otherwise
known as Carbean Bible Christian Chapel) sits on the western
side of the B3274 road in the middle of Carthew. The chapel was
built in 1862 and is shown on several old maps, principly Ordance
Survey maps. The Bible Christians merged with the Methodists in 1932
and the chapel became known as Providence Methodist Chapel
between 1948-1971, until it was closed. Today it is a guest house
which can be viewed online.
Stenalees Methodist Chapel is on the north
side of Wesley Close, on the close's southern arm. It was built on
the site of the former Stannary Road Wesleyan Chapel which
itself replaced an even earlier chapel on Chapel Terrace (see
below). The first chapel on the Wesley Close site was built about
1906, set back from the adjoining Stannary Road. It was demolished
in the 1970s, when the new Wesley Close was laid down and the new
chapel was built adjacent to it.
The former Stenalees Wesleyan Methodist Chapel
stands on the eastern side of Treverbyn Road, fifty metres
south-east of the Stannary Road junction and a short way north of
Chapel Terrace. It was built in 1840, but was replaced around 1908
by the Stannary Road chapel (above). Today it is unrecognisable as
an apartment block, apart from a sign on the wall and the south
gable (not shown) which retains its original round-arched window
surrounds and moulded gable.
Treverbyn Parish Church of St Peter the Apostle
sits on the northern side of Treverbyn Road a short way to the east
of Chapel Terrace. Not to be confused with the medieval Treverbyn
Manor Chapel (see links), construction started in 1848 and it was
consecrated in 1850. It consists of nave, chancel, and sanctuary.
Vestries were built at the west end in 1928 as a memorial to local
Great War dead. The building is Grade 2 listed and has a good
display of stained glass.
Treverbyn Mortuary Chapel sits at the
western end of Treverbyn Cemetery, around 150 metres east of St
Peter the Apostle church (see above). The churchyard and mortuary
chapel were laid out and constructed by 1900 and the cemetery's
little mortuary chapel is first seen on OS maps from 1906 onwards.
It is still functioning, with the cemetery at Treverbyn still being
in use. It also contains twelve war graves, which itself supplies
much of the information here.
Bugle Bible Christian Chapel is on the
east side of Fore Street, around seventy metres north of the New
Street junction and the northernmost of two buildings here - the
other being Bugle Methodist Sunday School (see links). The chapel
was built in 1854 while, according to the Historic Cornwall report,
the Sunday School was added in 1896 (although there is date
variation). It is suggested that the chapel itself was rebuilt
before becoming Bugle Methodist Chapel in 1932.